Saturday, September 27, 2008

Abandon Ship!!

The Titanic has hit the iceberg and she is sinking fast!

There was a tiny gleam of hope for about 2-3 hours last week and then poof!! All gone! The owner truly has no clue how to run a restaurant.

  • The head chef quit as well as two other main "people" that have been at the restaurant forever. Now the guy running the kitchen has little experience and keeps horrible records, not to mention, he's not that great of a chef.
  • Still no manager to run operations.
  • The "head server" is now writing the server/bartender schedules and doing the liquor orders. He let me know that we were out of a few different liquors and that we wouldn't be getting them in anytime soon because the liquor supplier hasn't been paid.
  • Oh... did I mention that there are only 35 wine glasses in a restaurant that can seat 300+ guests and another 200+ in our venue. 35!! I had a group of 75-100 call about a wine and appetizers party... yeah right! "He" says "we'll rent more if we need them". IDIOT!!
So, now.... I have "resigned" too. There's no point to sticking it out. Truly, "He" has no bleeping clue how to run a restaurant. Say la vie!!

Off to bigger and better...

I have an interview for week at a local country club to be their event planner. I'm excited and curious about this position. Hopefully it'll be something fabulous that "fits" with me and visa versa. I also have two other possible opportunities to investigate this week. So, wish me luck!!

I'll keep you posted!

No comments: